Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ism #6

For those who have children, boys in particular, you'll understand the critical nature of potty training. Those who have boys will certainly commiserate with the challenge we had potty training Asa. #1 was super easy and he's had very few accidents. Nope, it's #2 that really got us. This kid could hold it like nothing I've ever seen. He could hold it for almost a week, even with laxatives.

After a year of tears, anger, and potty boot camp, we're finally at a good place. He likes to go to the bathroom now. Even brags about being able to clog up the toilet so daddy has to use the plunger.

Enter>Asa
He is on a schedule. Every day when he comes home..."I'm going poop. I'll call you when I'm done."

He calls Sean in to wipe. Which Sean does in the most efficient and daddy-like manner. Which prompts Asa to respond, "When I grow up, I won't be able to wipe my butt."

"Well, I'm not going to do it!" Sean responds, thinking of a previous Asa-ism--I'm going to be the father of a grown adult who refuses to wipe his butt before riding to work on his bike with training wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment